This technology has been developed by UK based reproductive scientists for routine use in an assisted conception or pathology lab setting or for research. Sperm quality data is validated and supported by peer reviewed publication showing parity with the haemocytometer (World Health Organization recommended). Manpower savings of on average 14-15 minutes per sample are achievable using SAMi when compared to WHO recommended (WHO, 2010) methods for sperm concentration and motility. With the bonus of considerably improved reproducibility and objective measures of motility.
SAMi provides a simple intuitive solution, allow editing of the captured sperm screen to ensure that a. only sperm are detected and b. missed sperm can be replaced which gives a more reliable sperm concentration and one which is in line with the haemocytometer (Tomlinson et al, 2010).
- Ideal for routine semen analysis, sperm preparation, toxicity testing and research
- Quantitative sperm motility based on sperm swimming speed
- Video clips (.avi) of untracked and tracked samples saved to PC and easily accessed or emailed
- Simple reporting database
- EQA scheme (voluntary) – useful to determine accuracy and reproducibility against other labs
- Sperm counts validated versus World Health Organisation methods – sperm counts measured in parallel with Hemocytometer and SAMi
SAMi CASA system is very affordable – our flexible pricing model is based on an annual fee which includes maintenance support and access to the SAMi EQA scheme
Further technical details at www.procreative-diagnostics.com
Contact email@example.com for details regarding demonstration and pricing