The Cryotop® Method is available in 2 versions: vitrification in an open system and a closed system:
Cryotop® – Open System
The original device, globally renowned for its unparalleled Cooling and Warming Rates and its very high survival rates.
- Allows up to 4 specimens to be loaded per device
- It has an external covering to protect the Cryotop® once vitrified. Tip with weight to prevent floating in liquid nitrogen
- Manufactured in malleable plastic resistant to liquid nitrogen
- Available in packs of 10 units
CRYOTOP® SC – Closed System
Cryotop® SC continues to obtain the same excellent results as its Open System version. Once again Kitazato offers the best survival rates thanks to its unparalleled Cooling and Warming rates
- Allows up to 4 specimens to be loaded per device.
- External straw with widened end, allowing the easy insertion of the Cryotop® SC. Minimum thickness aids the cooling rate.
- Conical join between the strip of film and the plastic body; improves insertion, preventing abrupt entry.
- L shaped tip to protect the specimen from an abrupt arrival at the end of the external straw during the insertion.
- Black mark to know on which side the specimens must be loaded (L facing upwards); especially useful during warming.
- Manufactured in malleable plastic resistant to liquid nitrogen.
- Available in packs of 10 units.